Say It Isn't So

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Time Marches On

It is March and St. Patrick's Day approaches! I am of mostly Scottish heritage but the Irish do have the feeling of kinship to me. Perhaps it's the celtic tradition. Endless knots, the Book of Kells and whiskey bind us. Guinness is grand too!

Much has happened since my last post. My sister passed away just after Christmas. At least I got to spend that holiday with her. She was stuck in the hospital. Her daughters and I did the best we could to make her feel special and we got her to smile a time or two. She is free of any pain now. We will miss her.

I have been working doing taxes for people who don't want to do it themselves. It is very interesting. I get to sit down with complete strangers and ask them a lot of nosy questions. The early season customers are those that expect a refund and of course they get one unless they have forgotten some critical obligation such as making their child support payments. Man they get disappointed in a hurry. Now I'm starting to prepare them for persons who owe money to the tax department. This comes with a little more stress as they are usually business owners or landlords. Some are more complicated than I am allowed to handle because the company wants me to have more experience under my belt first. That's okay with me but in all my years, no decades of working, I have found that hands on experience is better than book learning the subject matter. However, this summer will be dedicated to book learning the subject matter to amuch deeper level


Tai Chi is still going well. I am working on Level 5 now. Peace becomes me. I become Peace. My doctor is impressed

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, April 15, 2009, Blogger Julie M. Baker said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I've had some recent losses, too, and I find writing helps me a lot. Blog on.
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home