Say It Isn't So

Saturday, November 10, 2007

YES THAT'S A DEER MOWING MY NEIGHBORS YARD!


BACK TO THE FUTURE


I've been off line for a while now. Took a couple of days off work and went up to Buffalo and Niagara Falls to visit with my step son and then my brother. It was great fun. It is so much nicer being on the same side of the continent as most of my family. If only I could convince the bulk of my friends to move back east as well. I say back east because all my west coast friends of the last 30 plus years are all originally from the eastern time zone. That'll never happen though. They're mostly all north of the 49th parallel and have government sponsored health plans:)


I too have managed to keep myself in a health plan. Once my incredibly expensive top-tiered cobra plan was exhausted, I was able to get accepted by the same big name health insurer. To my astonishment my premiums are lower now than before, although my deductible is higher. I'll not complain too much. I'm still in the driver's seat. PPO's allow for a certain amount of control over whom to consult with. I can see health care professionals who make me feel comfortable and walk away from those who don't. Perhaps, I'm a little spoiled.


My sister was on the northern end of her snow bird ways. I picked her up in Niagara Falls and brought her back to my place. She stayed long enough to get me through that very hard time of the anniversary of my husband's passing. What a jewel she is. Off course she flew the coop before the first frost appeared. Made it by only one week.


I'm through level 2 of my Tai Chi instruction and have embarked on level 3. This one is a little faster and more aerobic. Hope I don't get too dizzy. I'm so used to moving like a turtle!

3 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, November 17, 2007, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Glad to see you back! Odd coincidence ... I'm in Upstate NY right now!

 
At 8:37 PM, November 23, 2007, Blogger mouse said...

Yo I'm still here. Now that I'm workin' on a computer all day makes me so disinclined to sit at mine at night. This new faster Tai Chi level of exercise is wearin' me out too. Still, I love it!

 
At 12:43 AM, December 28, 2007, Blogger Jaime said...

Hi you!

I'm sorry it has been such a long time. I was glad to hear that your sister was able to be there for you and support you.

I hope that you were able to enjoy your Christmas and that the new year brings you happiness and good health! :)

Take care of yourself,
Jaime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home