Say It Isn't So

Sunday, October 26, 2008



REJUVENATION


It was two years to the day of my dearly departed husband's passing. The Autumnal Equinox. I think the doorway to a new season is a fitting day to leave one's earthly bounds. There were many flowers and plants at the funeral. Some I held on to, and some I gave away. My green thumb for houseplants never worked as well as the one I had for outdoor garden plants. Of all the plants that were accepted into my household, I managed to lose all but one.



But on this last autumnal equinox, two years after my love's passing, I saw a bud on that little plant. It sent a rush of euphoria through my very soul. And now four weeks later, there are four flowers in full bloom. Perhaps, it's because it is an African Violet and it thinks it is spring. Perhaps it is my late husbands way of saying that it's time for me to bloom again. At any rate, I am overjoyed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home