Say It Isn't So

Sunday, October 05, 2008




LADIES GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS/IT'S BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH


I'm going to visit my sister who is going through a rough spot in her battle against breast cancer. My hope is to help lift her spirits because this treatment can really drag you down. She is living with her daughter, and unfortunately it's dragging her down too. I know my sis, and she doesn't want to be a burden even in this situation, but my niece says that her Mom isn't helping matters by complaining about things that she can take care of herself before they get to the point of irritation. Things like dry skin and dry mouth that require a squirt or rub with a product that sits right there on her bedstand. My sister had a brain tumour removed two months ago and that left her temporarily paralyzed on her right side. She had gone through some physio and is now able to walk with a walker but she still can't sign her name or other intricate hand manuevers yet. I think my niece really needs a break, so I'm looking into finding her a nice spa treatment place when I get there. Knowing from experience how exasperating it is in the caregiver role, I am hoping to take some of the pressure off her shoulders too. Unfortunately, I can't be there as long as I would like because obligations on the homefront need to be taken care of on a regular basis. My bills come in the mail and are staggered throughout the course of the month. I should have set up a pay online scenario but I don't trust my ability to keep track of more passwords than I already do. There is only so much that my little brain can hold on to.


MEN, YOU BETTER GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS TOO, BECAUSE CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF, BREAST CANCER IS NOT SEXIST!

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, October 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, a spa day sounds like such a great thing to be doing for your family members. Nice idea.

 
At 9:42 AM, October 08, 2008, Blogger mouse said...

Yeah, thanks Kim, I think it's a necessity at this point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home