Say It Isn't So

Saturday, June 02, 2007


I'M ONE OF THE PALE FACES


Before we left California hubby enlisted his new Ohio Doctor because he had so many health issues that needed attention. The Doctor was highly recommended by his Mother as he was her practioner. His office was located out in a little town near where we were going to be living. Once in Ohio hubby had his first appointment with the good doctor the second day after our arrival. I was impressed enough to sign him up as my doctor too! Several months later, after I got a new health care provider because the old one did not have any links here in Ohio, my first appointment with my new Doctor went well. His first look at me and he said "you look anemic!" I looked at he who was born in India, and with a big smile said, "I'm one of the pale faces!" Nevertheless, he gave me a blood test in order to be sure. I was not anemic.


My previous doctor of ten years had the same reaction upon first encountering me. When the diagnosis of MS was made, I was encouraged to take a super complex B vitamin supplement. I did comply for about a month or so, taking them after dinner, but came to the realization that they were causing a burning sensation throughout my body which was disturbing my ability to get a good night's sleep. I started taking them right after breakfast and the same sensation occurred during the daylight hours. Not that I was trying to sleep during the day, I've never been much of a napper, but the on fire sensation in the inner sanctum was uncomfortable.


I figure that I get enough B vitamins through my intake of food. There's Bananas, Bran flakes, Brown rice, Brown eggs - actually color does not matter, Black or Brown Beer, Beans - especially Boston Baked Beans, Beef, Butter - to help process the B's, Marmite -Brewers Yeast, Black Strap Molasses, and Peanut Butter spread smoothly over a whole wheat pita pocket. Hmmmm, scrumptious goodness!


Another benefit from a lot of the above B sources is a hefty fiber content. The harmonious flow of input and output. You know it's still all about the Butt!
On another B note. We had a Blue Moon on the 31st! Did anyone stay up late enough to see it?


10 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, June 03, 2007, Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

I bet you didn't leave anything out there. :-)

 
At 11:36 AM, June 04, 2007, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Oh, you got the Brewer's yeast ... but suffer the beer!

 
At 9:01 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger mouse said...

Charles, That's an open and shut case!

 
At 9:04 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger mouse said...

Sir Madam, I need the beer to wipe out the taste of the brewers yeast!

 
At 9:54 PM, June 08, 2007, Blogger tamiki said...

We had a Blue Moon on the 31st! Did anyone stay up late enough to see it?

No, because there is... I don't know.


"I'm one of the pale faces."

Hahaha!

 
At 11:29 AM, June 09, 2007, Blogger mouse said...

Tamiki, I thought you were on summer vacation. Your site is on snooze or something. I hope you are busy pursuing the love adventure of your life?

 
At 10:15 PM, June 09, 2007, Blogger Synchronicity said...

that was a lot of alliteration there! i am new to all this MS stuff...just got diagnosed. i am happy to have found your blog...i hope to visit frequently!

 
At 4:46 PM, June 10, 2007, Blogger tamiki said...

Thanks for asking. Yea, I'm taking it easy, and am going to focus on things away from the internet. Yes, yes, I am pursuing all sorts of adventures!

Take care,

tamiki

 
At 7:42 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger mouse said...

Welcome Merelyme, I was dx'd 3 years ago after several years of being subjected to the poking and prodding of the medical profession. It still seems new to me too!

 
At 7:43 PM, June 11, 2007, Blogger mouse said...

Tamiki, have some great adventures and please keep your wit about you. You are someone very special!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home