Say It Isn't So

Thursday, April 13, 2006


ROLLING ON DOWN THE ROAD

We are on the road, spending the night in the state of Missouri. Weather's been gotod and the vehicles, and the cat, are behaving! Motel 6 is great for the price and for letting you keep your small pet in your room. They are half the price of other motels and the only thing that you don't get is the coffee maker that makes a lousy cup of java, the teeny weeny bottle of shampoo, and that one step up from the continental breakfast, or is it really a step down. This one is more like the Holiday Inn with HS Internet. We are not getting the 450 miles a day under our belts that we planned, but we've opted for plan B at 300 miles. Hubby's health is still too fragile to try to do more, and my driving has been limited to a 4 mile commute for the last 7 years so I'm finding 300 miles a long haul. Doable, but unpleasant on my legs, although my eyes love it. So much to see in a part of this land that I've never been in before. Sort of like a working vacation. We'll land at our destination in about 2 days. So I probably won't be online again until I'm in my new home with our old connection. We get to keep the same service by putting the old one on vacation status until we get settled. Apparently that will save us time and money. Time will tell.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, April 15, 2006, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Hey, there are tornados and storms down that way ... take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home