Say It Isn't So

Wednesday, March 29, 2006


Well, we have decided to stick around one more week. Hubby has not quite recuperated enough to make the long journey. They did successfully blast the planet sized rock out of his system but they had to insert a stint to help the remaining particles pass. The stint was just removed, but they still want him on the painkillers for awhile which means no driving. As he drives the moving truck with my car in tow, and I drive the pick up, we've set it all back a week. Maybe winter will actually be over by the time we leave.

Happily, I get to spread the torture of the next two days, making sure that all is packed, labeled and ready for storage, while keeping the daily, weekly and monthly needs readily accessible, over the next nine days. Oh Joy! I am glad this is happenning now. I remember when my parents last moved they were 67. I was on the west coast and couldn't help them. It must have been hell! At least now I know that I will never become one of those pack rat people that your read about. You know, the ones that the rescue squad can't find in time because they have stacks and stacks of magazines all over the place so you feel like you are walking through a maze when you visit. I have learned my lesson at a young(er) age. From now on it's just not going to get saved for any reason. Zilch! Unless it's a book. Can't throw them away. I just may read it again some day. Haven't yet, but I might. The 20 years worth of National Geographics went to the local library. They don't do much other than let some child do some exploring of this world the old fashioned way. The same way that I got my curiosity tweaked and piqued. Did wonders for that! Pictures that speak a thousand words, and easy to read print. Great stuff. Computers are creating a dinosaur there and I am very sad about it.

I never post this late in the day any more. It seems that when I do the spam like comments show up. Oh well. I'm in a time warp right now so I'll have to take my chances.

4 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, March 30, 2006, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Hmmm, would it be easier if one of those planet sized rocks crushed the house and you could just head east with a wad of cash?

 
At 5:26 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger mouse said...

Ha Ha! Yeah, but my neighbours would be none too pleased, we are attached. Plus, I like them:)

 
At 6:27 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Pris said...

Yes, best you wait...and then the big adventure!! Good luck.

 
At 6:43 PM, April 05, 2006, Blogger mouse said...

3 days and counting. The old geezer is rarin' to go. So is his wee geezer squeezer:) Hopefully we will follow this last winter storm out of here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home