Say It Isn't So

Thursday, June 29, 2006

ANOTHER NEW CHAIR

When I found out Hubby had to go through chemotherapy, I decided to buy him a new chair. None of the furniture in this temporary apartment is what I would call comfortable, except perhaps this chair at the computer desk. So while he was in hospital for Round One, I went to the local Lazyboy and bought him the Atlas chair. After all he is a large man! It suits him to a "Z".

He is almost completely recovered from Round One. His appetite is back and his legs are almost steady, although not quite sturdy. So he decided to take the drive with me out to our future rural homestead area where his family resides and where our mail box exists. I drove the pick up truck. We have two vehicles and need to drive both of them on a regular basis. He is not driving at all right now so it is up to me to give them both a work out. What is especially nice about driving the truck is that it has cruise control, The car does not. We were both enjoying the days' outing, it had been a long time, and I happened to mention just how nice it was to have cruise control for this lengthy drive. He then spent the next 15 minutes talking me into buying myself a new car. Okay, maybe it only took 5 minutes! So on the way back to the apartment we made a little detour to the local Ford dealer and I bought a new Five Hundred SEL. Oh, it's a beauty! The seating is much higher than the average car, so you are elevated like in the pick up truck. What is amazing is that it has a V6 but it gets about the same gas mileage as the little 2 liter 4 cylinder contour did. 30mpg highway, and 24 city. Not bad for a full size sedan. And it is such a smooth ride too. Ohio has some of the bumpiest roads I have ever encountered, and this car just glides right over them. So now hubby has a new seat with a view. If only he can learn to relax while I'm driving!

2 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Excellent recovery! Oh, and good for you with the car too. 30mpg is nothing to sneeze at.

 
At 8:06 PM, July 15, 2006, Blogger Jaime said...

Congrats on the new car! 30mpg is great for a full size car. I am glad to hear your husband is recovering nicely...and I am sure the new chair was a welcome surprise! You both continue to be in my prayers. Please take care.

Jaime

 

Post a Comment

<< Home