Say It Isn't So

Friday, September 02, 2005


RINGS

Okay shoot me! I'm back on worms again. This time it's those kid friendly things called Ringworms! It is for real that I got this bunch from a dog, or that's what I was told when it happened. We got a dog when I was 3 years old. I remember being terribly jealous of him when he first arrived. He was getting more attention than I was. He was a black labrador retriever and he became my pal. He was closer in age to me than any of my siblings so we got along famously. This was also in the days before leash laws so Blackie was free to come and go as he pleased which he did frequently. So who knows what he picked up and gave to me. Of course, I blamed it on my sister's new puppy (she was already married with child, I was an aunt at 7). It was a really cute belgian hound that was still able to fit in the palm of a hand.

The fungi affixed itself to the center of my chest right below my neck. Luckily it took a position that was very exposed in the opening above the top button of my blouse. As a kid I would not have noticed it but my Mom did. A special cream was put on it and a bandage had to cover it so as not to expose it to myself or anyone else. My school would not let me attend until the offending beasties were banished from my body. I thought that was great! Except, of course, when I realized that all my friends were in school so there was no one to play with. I was free to move about the outside world so I would head to school and peer over the fence at the schoolyard, planning my arrival to coincide with recess time so I could at least talk to my pals.

MORE CIRCLES

There is a website that I like to visit because it gives me a view of the earth. There are a few buttons on the bottom of the page so that you can change the view. If you click on the button that says clouds, after a few seconds, you will see all the clouds that are covering this world. If you look out at the Atlantic you will see more potential hurricanes moving westward. Please send them vibes to make them disintegrate. Enough already, there is a big typhoon looking thing out in the Pacific too. Let's evaporate them. Sorry the best that I can do is a footlonger.
http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth and I hope it works for us.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Ringworms ... yetch. I'm getting chills just thinking about it. Since my two gargantuan labs are primarily 'wuss dogs', we don't really worry about that sort of thinks with the kids.
As for the nice 'tropical storms' roiling off the coast ... I think a few well placed asmopheric blasts would take care of it. Non-nuke, of course.

 
At 2:06 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger personallog! said...

errrr! worms! yuck! Please stay well! and no more talk of worms! They give me the willies! erg!
Stay well and worm free!
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home