Say It Isn't So

Tuesday, July 26, 2005


EMILY HAS LONG ARMS

We can feel the tentatacles of Hurricane Emily all the way out here in Southern California. Sure wouldn't think that could be true but that's what the weatherpeople say. We are definitely used to the heat around here, but not the humidity. I was coming out of Trader Joe's (grocery store) the other day and heard some fellow say it was just like Florida. Well I'll take the dry heat any day. It's not as draining on my body. Hopefully we won't get too many hurricanes this fall. (I'm dreaming again!)

BEESTING

Just before we move out of the house in suburbia we visited the new home of some friends of the family. They had moved out of suburbia to an even newer suburbia! But this one was in a really nice area and they had the biggest lawn on a hill with lots of grass. We (me and their kids) were having a great time rolling down this hillside when I felt this awful pain on the top of my head. I thought of Jack and Jill falling down the hill and Jack breaking his crown. I was sure I had done this. Turned out to be a beesting. Wow does that ever hurt! For a long time after that I would hear a little ping ping in my brain when walking. I believed that the stinger never came out and that was what was making that clicking in my head. This pinging was a part of my life well into my teenage years when it finally fell silent. Then it got forgotten until the MS thing hit. After my first MRI I thought they were going to come and tell me that I had this funny pin stuck in my brain. Didn't happen. But they did find something else there eh? Maybe I should try the bee venom thing!

3 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, July 27, 2005, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

PING! Heh, gotta wonder about them bees. I got a hornet stuck in my larynx once, but that is a different story for a different time.

 
At 8:32 AM, July 29, 2005, Blogger personallog! said...

Hi..My brother got stug just below the eye when he was about 6-7 and his eye had swollen up like he was rocky! Black and bruised for a month as I remember! He ask for it tho! Kids jumping on a nest!lol! I escaped untouched! Got ms now tho so maybe not eh!

Take care
dave

 
At 10:20 PM, July 29, 2005, Blogger mouse said...

Thanks guys, I'll scratch the bee sting theory of my list of possible instigators! That's good because even though the stingers hurt like hades I like the little buggers anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home