Say It Isn't So

Saturday, July 23, 2005

TOO HOT!

Is it the Greenhouse effect? Is it the Depletion of the Ozone Layer? Is it because the earth's axis changed slightly with the earthquake in Sumatra last year? So many questions and not enough answers! The only thing I know for sure is it is TOO HOT!

THE GALLOPING IDIOT

I'm back to that old (new?) house in suburbia. It is soon to be my 5th birthday and my Dad does not like the daily commute to his job in the city so we are going to move. They are showing the house to some prospective buyers who have a child younger than me. This is a good opportunity for me to show off because I am the baby in my family and now I have a youngster to impress. Time to go whole hog, no make that whole horse! I am the bigger kid so I get to be the horsey and my new little friend is the rider. I am galloping around the living room with this kid on my back and I'm really trying to impress this kid's really good looking father. Scary but true! Well the next thing you know I have galloped right into the corner of the coffee table. Oops. I ruined the party! As hard headed as I am I don't think it's a big deal but everyone, Mom, Dad and Company, whisk me off to the hospital. I didn't think it was a big deal until I realized that my mom is freaking out and holding a big white towel to my head that is rapidly getting redder and redder. We get there and I am lying on a gurney with this huge bright light hanging over me so I can't see anything but this strange head looming above. All it took was one stitch, which was removed a week later, but leaves a scar to this day just to remind me that I am not a horse! The prospective buyers took the house but it wasn't due to my making an impression on them, it was because my Mom had a good deal of well established tasty asparagus growing on the property!

I only relay this assinine story because it was my left temple that took the impact and all my MS troubles started on the left side of my face and have subsequently progressed down the left side of my body. Also I want to let all you Mommies and Daddies out there know that the more panic you show to your child after they are injured the more panic that child will feel. Pretend it's just a scratch eh?

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, July 24, 2005, Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Asparagus ... damn fine property indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home