Say It Isn't So

Monday, July 04, 2005

Well, I've taken the plunge. I have been reading other people's blogs for a long time and decided that I have a lot to say as well. I am not a techie, but I have multiple sclerosis (newbie there too) and want to put my thoughts online. Any feedback will be welcome. It is my hope (albeit it's way out there) that if enough people in this world who have MS and put their heads together, that "we the people" can find the source of this nuisance. There are certainly a lot of Doctors out there who are working on the problem, but they don't seem to be into sharing much. They do have their pocketbooks to think about.

So I will start by sharing the pitiful amount of knowledge that I have. First concensus is that it mostly affects people who spent their first seven years of life in a northern part of the globe but are not Inuit. I fit this criteria. Second concensus is that their ancestry is Northern European. I fit this one too. Third is that they are probably female. I fit this criteria (but I know that there are many men with this condition). Fourth is that they are usually between the ages of 24 and 50. Now this is where I get off the bus. I did not get diagnosed until the tender age of 53!

I intend to talk about all the crazy and not so crazy things that I did (that I can remember) from the earliest stage in my life and gradually maybe my way up to the present. Again, any feedback will be welcome.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, July 09, 2005, Blogger personallog! said...

welcome to the crew mouse! Nice to have somone here with simalar thoughts! You not on your own here!Drop a many messages as you can and get to meet people!

 
At 12:39 PM, July 09, 2005, Blogger mouse said...

Thank you for the welcome young man! It is nice to share.

 
At 12:40 PM, July 09, 2005, Blogger Pris said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog. Living with a chronic health problem, myself, I can appreciate the many challenges. The computer has been a lifesaver for me many times. Did you realize that when you post there's an icon that uploads photos from your hard drive and sizes them? I'd love to see photos around where you live sometime. I find too that alternating the visual with text helps vary a blog and keep up interest.
Pris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home